These classes provide a good overview of the Christian faith for adults. This Bible study provides the foundation for Christians upon which they can continue to build as they participate in other Bible classes.
Please join us for a great overview of the Christian faith on Thursday, September 19th at 7:00 p.m. The class, which goes for nine weeks, will answer a lot of questions and will help you in our journey of faith. Many people have commented on this class that it finally pulled together all the “bits and pieces” of the Christian faith that they had heard over the years. The class is taught by Pastor Walther. You may email the him to register.
Babysitting is provided. Please let us know how many children need babysitting so we can plan accordingly. Materials are provided. There are no fees. Just come and learn. This class is especially important for anyone who would like to become a member of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. Those who complete the class are welcome to become members as they “confirm” with us the teachings of Jesus that we hold to here at Good Shepherd.
Our main texts are the Bible and Martin Luther's Small Catechism. All materials are provided.
1. Is God Real? How Does God Talk to Us? - Commandments 1 & 2
2. What Is Worship and Why Is It Important? How Important Are Parents and Other Authorities? - Commandments 3 & 4
3. How Do We Love Our Neighbor? - Commandments 5-10
4. Where Did We Come From? - First Article of the Apostles' Creed
5. Who Is Jesus? What Has God Done About Sin? - Second Article of the Apostles' Creed
6. How Can I Believe? What Is the Church? - Third Article of the Apostles' Creed
7. What Is Holy Baptism? What Is Confession?
8. What Is Holy Communion? What Is A Pastor?
9. What Does God Want Us to Do? (Prayer, Vocation, Stewardship, & Evangelism)
New Member Class Videos
2. Does God Hear Us? How Important Are Parents? - Commandments 3 & 4
3. Love for Neighbor - Commandments 5-10