Held every 3 years since 1980, the LCMS Youth Gathering provides thousands of youth and adults the opportunity to come together as a community of God’s people to learn more about Jesus Christ, the Christian faith and their Lutheran identity. The next Gathering will be held on July 11-15, 2019 in Minneapolis, MN.
During the five days of the Gathering, youth spend time together in God’s word, worship, service, and fellowship with others from across the synod. This event is organized by LCMS Youth Ministry in Saint Louis, MO.
- Youth Gatherings proclaim the Lordship of Jesus Christ and God’s saving grace to His people through Christ. In this setting, young people grow in their personal relationship with God and grow in their fellowship of Word and Sacrament in Christ’s Church.
- Youth Gatherings are a vehicle by which the Church reaches out to, cares for and affirms young people, both churched and unchurched.
- Youth Gatherings equip youth and adults for ministry in a variety of settings in their congregations, communities, and world.
- Youth Gatherings affirm, equip, and support adults who work with young people.
- Youth Gatherings celebrate the meaning of Christian joy in all of life’s situations.
- Youth Gatherings recognize and affirm the diversity of God’s people
- Youth Gatherings affirm, support, and promote the ministry of LCMS Districts and congregations.
We at Good Shepherd have 20 students and 3 adults attending the gathering this year.